Sunday, October 2, 2011

Who Says Blondes have more fun?

Hello Lovelies~

 It's fall! It's cold! and it's time for a full hair color change!

For the past month, I have been playing with colors and trying things out, trying to get just the right hair color for me and I finally chose one! Amber Blonde.

That's right. Amber Blonde. A blonde shade with just enough red to give my hair a warm glow. Like dark honey. So I set out to my colorist, Maureen, and we talked about it and between the two of us, we confused one another. It was actually very funny. But I finally tossed my hands up in the air, closed my eyes and said, 'I trust you', which are three words I don't say to to many people when I'm talking about my hair.

 She disappeared for a few moments, then returned with the colors mixed and the process started.

Half way through the saturation time, I happened to catch a look at the color and goodness it looked dark and really RED! Which isn't what I wanted at all, but I had said that I trusted her to make my dreams come true it terms of color, so I didn't freak and waited the rest of the hour until we rinsed, conditioned, and dried my hair.

 At the big reveal I was almost worried, but everyone in the Salon said I looked amazing so I closed my eyes once more and turned around.

I almost didn't recognize myself. My hair was not the Amber Blonde I wanted, but I love the color it is. It looks like fire in person. It is a vivid Irish red with twists of gold and hints of orange. It gets darker near the tips of my curls and looks almost Auburn.

 It may not be what I wanted, It it's exactly what I needed. I feel beautiful and strong and isn't that what I wanted to achieve when I colored my hair?

If you ever need a colorist, go see Maureen at Salon Hall on 49th and Dodge in Omaha, NE and tell her Kat sent you. She doesn't care how long you hair is. She has very fair prices.

 Now to the pictures!!!




These pictures are courtesy of my good friend Den and her wonderful camera phone.

2 comments:

MissVermilion said...

I must say the new color is so beautiful and suits you pretty well!

AutobotDen said...

Kitty's a Sassy Redhead. :3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...