Saturday, March 8, 2014

DIY 3 Ingredient face mask useing Bananas! (For Sensetive and Dry Skin)

Hello Lovelies~

 Tonight I'm hanging out in a quite house surrounded by three very loving cuddly dogs and it's just a relaxing night. So I thought, why not a Spa night?

I looked around Pinterest and found a few DIY masks that I had the ingredients to mix up and settled on a Banana mask that seemed the best option for my skin type.

 I have combination sensitive skin and the mask I made was a Banana/Olive oil/ Egg mask and it worked very well!~

Before you make this mask, make sure your skin is clean. If it isn't, the mask will sit on top of all the days ick and won't help much.

Here's what you'll need!

Half a Banana (Eat the other half it's good for you.)
2 Tea spoons of Olive Oil (I used Extra Virgin and it worked just fine, but you can also use Coconut oil if you have that on hand.)
and
1 Egg Yolk

Step One ~ Mash the Banana up with the Egg Yolk until combined thoroughly, then add the Olive oil.

Step Two ~ Apply to face. Hands or Brush, either is good.

Step Three ~ Relax with soothing music or your favorite show or a book/magazine for 15 - 20 minuets.

Step Four ~ Rinse off and lightly pat your face dry.

 And then you're done!


This is an easy quick mask that takes less than 5 minuets to put together, and it does feel odd at first, but in the end it's worth it. I like a smooth non chunky consistency, so I mashed the bananas until smooth, but if it's just a rough mash, that's ok as well.

 The actual recipe calls for a Whole Banana, but this mask doesn't store well, so I shortened it to Half.

WARNING!!!

 This recipe is NOT GOOD for those with severe skin conditions such as Eczema. According to feed back on Pinterest this recipe can cause intense redness and itching in rare cases.

I hope ya'll give this a try and let me know how it works out for you in the comments below or On my Facebook! (Kathleen Sweitzer)

 Pictures of this mask can be found on my Instagram -Rosesandcream

Thanks for reading!~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...