Saturday, July 9, 2011

5 things you didn't know about me....

Hello Lovelies~

 The other day I was having a movie night with a friend and guess what we were watching? Shrek!!! I love the whole fairytale world and we watched every Shrek movies so far, one right after another. Afterwards, we were talking about this and that and it struck me.....Ogres may be like Onions, But Lolitas are like Roses!

We keep secrets folded and over lapped and only let the world see the petals we want it to see.



There is a community on Livejournal called 'Loli Secrets', where girls can post Anonymously about things they just can't contain, but I feel that's cheating.

 You aren't telling the world something for them to know you, you are staying hidden within your pretty layers and I won't be one of those girls.

 So the following are 5 things you may or may not know about me.....

1 : I read romance novels like they are going out of style.

 It's true! I've been reading historical romances since I was eleven and my collection fills two book cases. Five shelves each, top to bottom, two rows deep, stacked two high with three or four books stuck in Horizontally on top, which are stacked two deep as well. My favorite writers are Eloisa James and Lisa Klypes.

Keep in mind, this is just my collection, not including my mom's collection of romances, or any of the other books we have around the house which include text books, non romance books, Manga, magazines, and cook books.

2 : I have done payment plans for all of my Brand Dresses.

 I have been lucky to find wonderful people on the EGL Sales Community that are willing to let me make payments on my clothes. $150 is a lot to pay for a dress all at one time and that's for a cheep, none printed Meta dress, Baby dresses go for $200 and up.

I have to put gas in my car and eat, so I usually pay about $30 every two weeks or so. It takes longer, but it's worth the wait.

3 : I don't put away my clothes once they are folded.

 I have a terrible 'Out of site, Out of mind' issue and if I put away my clothes, I tend to forget about them. I even switched to a bookcase so I could see everything, but still even now, I leave my clothes in my laundry baskets and search for what I need when I need it. I know I could do the same with a dresser...but it never seems to work out that way.

I don't know why I do this, there isn't any logic to it, but there it is. It drive my mother batty!

4 : I hate wearing shoes.

 I swear, I'd be a shoe nudest if I could. I only wear shoes and socks for Lolita outings and work. Other than that I wear flip flops, which is as close to being barefoot as I can get in public and let me tell you....No matter how hard you try, there is no way to make a Lolita Flip Flop. It just doesn't work!

I spent many wonderful years living in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, where shoes are almost an option at most places. So even though I moved away long ago, the transition to shoes never took. I have forgotten my shoes in the strangest places due to my want to take them off all the time....I think the strangest time was at a dance club.

 I got all the way home before I realized I wasn't wearing my heels and by the time I got back to the club, they were gone. I really liked those heels. It was sad.

5 : I plan my social calender around what's on T.V.

 It may sound sad, but I have an entertainment addiction. Movies, Books, T.V., Radio Drama. If it has a story to it, I want to see how it all unfolds. I used to be bad about this. I'd unplug my phone, turn off the cell phones, and order pizza because cooking is dangerous when you're not paying attention. But lucky for me most cable providers have the expanded box which lets you record t.v. ahead of time. So I never worry about missing a show anymore and I can pause them when I need to, so cooking is a lot easier now.

The only issues is you can only record two things in the same time slot. And some days I have three or four shows that come on at the same time. So On Demand is my friend ^_^

 So there it is. Nothing major in this small list. I've never killed someone or become bulimic to fit into a certain brand, but this list is about having you get to know me a bit better.

I started this blog to help me open up and express myself and I can say with pride that I am now a more open person than I was two years ago. I love sharing my feelings and thoughts with all of you and hearing your responses really warms my heart.

 I have improved my commenting system a bit, so hopefully it's working better now, but I still can't figure out to have in all in one window....I'll figure it out ^^;

 So thank all of you so much for reading and sticking with me!

Kat

2 comments:

AutobotDen said...

Sometimes though, the secrets we keep NEED to be let out, but if they do get let out, they could destroy the people we care about most... Anonymous secret revealing like Post Secret and Secret Regrets helps get the things that haunt people out in the open, without them being afraid of being judged.

AngelShinigami said...

Sometimes. I'll give you that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...