Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book 2 of 50 : Part 2

Hello Lovelies~

 In my previous post, I told you I'd just finished 'The Duke is Mine' and was starting 'The Son of Neptune', but I was informed by a wonderful reader that I hadn't told you what the books were about! How can you get excited about what I'm reading when you know nothing about it!

I hadn't wanted to give anything away in the books, but! The synopsis and my thoughts.

 'The Duke is Mine'

"Tarquin, the powerful Duke of Sconce, knows perfectly well that the decorous and fashionably slender Georgiana Lytton will make him a proper duchess. So why can’t he stop thinking about her twin sister, the curvy, headstrong, and altogether unconventional Olivia? Not only is Olivia betrothed to another man, but their improper, albeit intoxicating, flirtation makes her unsuitability all the more clear.
Determined to make a perfect match, he methodically cuts Olivia from his thoughts, allowing logic and duty to triumph over passion…Until, in his darkest hour, Tarquin begins to question whether perfection has anything to do with love.
To win Olivia's hand he would have to give up all the beliefs he holds most dear, and surrender heart, body and soul…" ---- As written by Eloisa James.

 This book dealt with body image, over coming mental handicaps, and above all, finding Love when you weren't even looking for it.

It was a fun read for a lazy afternoon and it made me think about the 1800's in a whole different light. I mean, Eloisa James is bringing out the fact that not every debutante was stick thin and perfect. Some liked to eat or had freckles or even wanted to do more than debut and get married, just like we do today.

 As for my new book, 'The Son of Neptune', here is the synopsis for that....

" In The Lost Hero, three demigods named Jason, Piper, and Leo made their first visit to Camp Half-Blood, where they inherited a blood-chilling quest:



Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,

To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.


Who are the other four mentioned in the prophesy? The answer may lie in another camp miles away, where a new camper has shown up and appears to be the son of Neptune, god of the sea. . .

With an ever-expanding cast of brave-hearted heroes and formidable foes, this second book in The Heroes of Olympus series offers all of the action, pathos, and humor that Rick Riordan fans crave."

 I'm about halfway through the book now. With any luck I'll be done later in the week ^_^

What are you reading? What types of books do you like to read? Are you a fast reader? or a slow one?

1 comment:

Lolitadewdrop said...

Thank you! Those books look lovely, I'm on my way book shopping today anyway, I think that I'm going to get "The Duke is Mine". It sounds like a nice read. :)
Hope that you're enjoying "The Son of Neptune"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...