Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Long Term Resolutions!

Hello Lovelies~

 Happy New Year! It is now officially 2012 and before I get to the main post, I wanted to thank all of you for sticking with me and reading my blog. It's an ever evolving undertaking and the fact that ya'll want to read about what I think, or things that I'm doing....it warms my heart. So thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Ok...on to the main post!
This last year was hard and it had it's ups and its downs, like a roller coaster that gives the rider whiplash, but I know 2012 is going to be better! So I thought I'd reflect on the last years changes and share with you some resolutions I've made and will try my hardest to keep.

So, reflections.....In 2011 I held a job for a full year! I was so proud of myself. I grew my make up collection and started experimenting with my colors. I doubled the number of blog posts I made from 2010 and branched out from doing more than strictly Lolita posts, like make up reviews and a few general life updates.

 While I know I should, I don't feel like reflecting on the down side right now, so I'm going to move on to my resolutions.

Resolution 1: Blog more often!

 I love blogging and I've found that each year I write, I double my posts. So this year, where I wrote 63 posts, I'd like to do at least 120 in the coming year with posts including Outfit snaps, pictures of my outings with friends, event photos and reviews, more make up reviews, and a few tutorials. Think I can do it?

Resolution 2: Take more pictures!

 I love taking pictures and find that I tend to be the one behind the camera a lot, but in 2012, I'd like to not only be the one taking pictures, but have tons of pictures taken of me! I am going to save up for a good camera so I can stop taking phone snaps. That will be step one.

Resolution 3: Attend more meet ups!

 I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself to be the perfect lolita. I host all of the meet ups around Omaha and I'll admit, I tend to set myself in the 'mother hen' roll, always making sure others are happy and enjoying themselves, so it's hard for me to relax and have fun or make new friends with the girls because I feel responsible for everything. So this year I am going to attend more meet ups and enjoy myself more. I'm going to let someone else run around like a 'mother hen'.

Resolution 4: Clean out my Closet!

 I have a lot of clothes, I mean A LOT of clothes! Not all of them Lolita either, and they are taking over my room! So in this next month, I plan to go through all of my clothes, see what I wear, what I don't wear and donate everything I haven't worn in a year to the local women's shelter.

Resolution 5: Add more beauty to my life!

 This one is a bit ambiguous. It has lots of meanings. I intend to achieve this through both acts of kindness and material objects...I don't know how I'll do it just yet, but it's a concept I like to strive for every year.

So those are my main resolutions. I have some monthly resolutions I'm going to tell you about later, but for now, those are my long term goals!!!

 I hope all of you enjoy the new year!

1 comment:

Lolitadewdrop said...

Those are some lovely resolutions. I have never been a fan of making resolutions, but if I had to make some mine would probably be pretty similar. Good luck I hope you manage to stick to those resolutions. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...