Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sunshine is great for Flowers!

Hello Lovelies~

 We are all feeling the heat this summer and while I don't like how unbearable and unmerciful Mother Nature is being this year, it seems the flowers in my yard are loving it! So I thought I'd share some pictures with you ^_^


First we have my Moon Flowers that...for some reason bloom during the day. Now you might be thinking, 'But wouldn't that be a Morning Glory?' and usually, yes it would be. But I have only bought Moon Flowers in the last two years.

 I think I actually crossed the two flowers because years ago there were blue Morning Glories growing up my fence, but I am a night time girl and could never see them in bloom, so I removed them and started seeding the area with Moon Flowers.....Now my Moon Flowers bloom during the day! ....Just my Luck ^^;


My Roses! They are not 'American Beauty' roses sadly. I have one bush of that type, but they are hard to grow and take forever to bloom, so I am showing off the pink ones. I can't remember their name, but they smell wonderful and make great jelly and syrup.


Here is a closer look.



And my Sunflowers ^_^ Well....one of my Sunflowers. They grew so tall that they were hard to take pictures off with my phone.

 I love all types of flowers. I am hoping to plant Bluebells and Tulips next year.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and that they inspire you to plant some flowers in your own life!

 Kat

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...