Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Metmorphose Spotlight!

Hello my Lovelies~

Meta just released their newest Fall Print and to be honest I was less than thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I love the print and the designs are simple and classic, but when combined it creates one big mess.

The print is called 'Gardening Teddy'. It is offered in three color choices.

A rich Chocolate color...



A soft Cream color...



And a color that can only be described as Razzberry...



Aren't they cute? These three samples make my heart skip a beat, until I see the dresses.

I will be showing you three dresses in the three colors, although on the site, Meta also has two skirts and an apron and bloomer set that I think they will release as Room Wear.

First we have the OP, or Sleeved Dress.



I like the simple tiered design of the OP. The large peter pan collar is adorable and buttons down the front give it a more classic feel. But that's were my like of it stops.

I think the random bow at the waist is distracting from the clean lines and the print is just to much. It looks like a hot mess from any angle but three inches from your nose where all you get is a few swirls of roses and a couple teddy bears.

The next dress is the Triple Tier Pettifore.



Cute Design, good lines, if one looks close enough, you can even see the double row of pin tucks before the ruffles on each tier. The dress is adorable! But the Razzberry color is almost to bold, in my opinion and the print is distracting and, once again, just to much.

The third design I'm going to show is the one I like the most.



Here we have the High Waisted Pettifore in Cream. The Antique white back ground allows the eye to separate the small, detailed pattern of the print and distinguish the various colors to make one complete picture. I still feel it's to much, since the print is so small, but all in all the Cream is the best choice for this print.

Now, as for the dress, I like the empire waist look, it cut really reminds me of the late Regency era and the French designs that flooded the ton by 1860 or so. The this dress has thick straps, rather than puff sleeves, I have the feel that this is the most versatile of the three styles shown.

Cute on it's own for a summer dress, adorable with a short sleeved shirt underneath for spring. Classy over a long sleeved shirt in the fall, and just the right amount of playful in the winter with a thick pair of tights.

Yes. I truly feel this is an all around any season dress.

Meta has put out a headdress for this collection, as well as a pair of socks that I don't really feel the connection with and a bag that they haven't released completed pictures of just yet. But the last piece of this collection I want to show all of you is the item that made me feel that a skirt in this print wouldn't be to bad an addition if only to match with this....



Isn't it Adorable! It has such a peasant, old world country feel to it that I can't help but want to make one. I am looking for the right fabric, but mark my words, there will be a tutorial soon to help you make your own!

Until next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...