Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let's Beat the Heat!

Hello My Lovelies! Can you believe it's already July?

This is the time of year a lot of girls, and guys, tend to shy away from the Lolita fashion, siting that it's just to hot to wear so much! And I'll agree, who wants to wear bloomers, two petticoats, a skirt, knee high socks, close toed shoes, a shirt, and a cardigan to complete the look, not to mention all the hair styling, makeup application, jewelry....goodness, it makes me over heated just thinking about all of that!

First, let's loose the layers! Even if it's a thin shrug, don't do it, you'll regret it later. Go with skirts in the summer rather than Jumpers. It doesn't matter if they are Brand, homemade, or store bought, a simple skirt will save you the extra up top layer and will coordinate with t-shirts or cutsews better than a Jumper will.

But, never being one to limit the fashion options, for those of you out there and do want to wear your Jumpers, I recommend wearing it with out a shirt underneath, much like you would a sundress. I know it sounds indecent, but once you're out in the baking sun for a few hours at a picnic or back yard party, you'll agree that going it a little more casual than the strict style calls for is just fine.

It doesn't matter which style of outfit you go for, they'll both look great and keep you cool, but don't forget to wear a light petticoat. Sure three layers of poof will get you the desired cupcake effect, but one layer will let you have more summer fun.

I say bloomers are optional and really a personal choice during the Dog days of summer, so wear them at will.

Second, let's talk about socks and shoes. Now I know it's traditional to wear at the knee, or above the knee sock with everything! Seems like that's all anyone ever wears, but even Brand knows that the secret to looking cute and staying cool under the sun is Crew Socks.

Sure there is a big debate over ankle length socks and if it's ok to wear them, despite their Brand labels, it's almost more debated than the striped socks issue that is very much like the cold war. A silent battle of will between two super powers. Elitists and Newbies.

But while I'd love to sit here and talk with you about striped socks all day, I'll get back to the crew sock issue at hand.

I wear crew socks. My calves are to big for most knee highs, and I'm on the short side of average, so ankle socks make me look taller, not to mention I think the folded over lace look is super cute.

When wearing crew socks, I recommend wearing low healed Mary Janes, if you get higher than three and a half inches the look starts to go trashy and kinky rather than cute and sweet. When not wearing socks, go with a open toed wedge sandal, or a decorated pair of flip flops. Cute and comfortable, plus you can show off a cute pedicure if you happen to have one.

I think that covers clothes, next time I'll talk about hair, makeup, and all the little things that'll keep you dressing up without a second thought this month!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...