Friday, May 3, 2013

First Saturday Samples

Hello Lovelies~

 About once a month I like to go try the new makeup products to see what I want to buy with my first check of the month. I think it's a great way to cut my monthly makeup spending and lets me get a good feel for the product before I commit myself to a $50 investment I never use.

  I have saved a LOT of money buy getting samples rather than buying the full sized product. Some things over activate my skin after three uses, others seem like a good idea, but end up feeling to thick after a full days use and wear. And lets not even talk about perfumes!

You smell them at the store, maybe spray them on and wear it all day, but what can you really learn from that? Luckily, I am also able to get perfume samples so that I can try the scent over and over to see if I'd enjoy wearing it more than once.

 Where do I do all over this sample shopping you ask?  Well, all over really, but my favorite place is Sephora, which has it's own shops, but can also be found inside JCPenny's.

Let's see what I got this Month....

 Too Faced has a Full Coverage BB Cream, it's thick and creamy, though I think it might be a bit thick and cake-y. I have still yet to try it out on more than my hand, so a full review will be coming soon.





This is Too Faced's Snow Bunny Bronzer. I have been wanting to be trying this for months! But I don't wear bronzer. Ever. Because I'm so so pale. No one would believe that I'm 'Sun Kisses' on my cheeks, but not on my hands, it's just not plausible. But this bronzer is the fist bronzer that I thought might look good on me.

 It's a blend of light pink, white, light mocha, and a light bronze. The colors are striped across the palette so you can use more light colors if you want or more of the darker colors if that's your thing.






Now my wrist is regularly two shades paler than the picture above shows. It's a light gradation of color, so I think this may be my go too bronzer on the occasions that I use it.


After a wild night out or a long busy convention, or even just because, this primer is like gold! Or....so it claims. I am hoping this is true. By Sunday afternoon at a con the area under my eyes is puffy and it shows in mirrors and on film.

 This primer promises to hydrate and reduce redness. It delivers a matte finish and adds a touch of illuminator to make the area bright and just right.





I don't know about anyone else, but despite my bet efforts, my face is always red!! I put on layer after layer of foundation and power and still....Red.

 Smash box's Color Corrector Primer promises to erase redness and make you photo ready for any occasion in any lighting.





This perfume is perfect for warm summer nights. It has notes of Rum, Jasmine, Leather, Vanilla, Amber, Roses, and more.

 It's spicy, sweet, but not cloying or young. This is a scent for the sensual and sensual at heart. I would really recommend it for anyone looking for something different.




If find that with this fragrance, I can really smell the Amber and Freesia, even a bit of Vanilla as a base note. It's warm and floral and just this side of too sweet for me, with my chemistry it really accents the Amber and Vanilla.





This one I recommend to put on lightly. It sparkles and dances and with top notes of Champagne and Peach Blossoms. Other notes include Amber, Musk, Rose, Jasmine, Lotus, and more, so I find with light application it's good for offices.





Very Floral, but the strongest scents that come though are Lemon...maybe the Lime....it's strong and bright, very springy and young. With an under note of Raspberry Blossoms, its has just the right amount of spice to add mystery to a great night out.




Talk about FUN! This perfume is all about the pig tails and ice cream! Cherry in the Air is a wonderful mix of Cherries, Strawberries, Marshmallow, with a light base note of Sandalwood, which really brings out the marshmallow middle note.




This one is almost classic by now, but Daisy by Marc Jacobs is very feminine. With a mix of Violets, Blood Grapefruit, Strawberries, Gardenia, Vanilla, and White Woods, it may not be for everyone, but it's a very nice smell.




I wasn't too fond of Bright Crystal. It smelled lovely in the bottle, but when it mixed with my chemistry....not good. The Pomegranate top notes became over powering and the Woodsy smelling base note came out later. Nothing else could be smelled! The wood smell is actually Mahogany, which should be lovely, but I didn't like it so much.

 In the bottle it was a beautiful floral with just a hint of citrus. On me it turned into a hot mess.

Sadly I cannot give a good review for this because I've yet to find someone it actually smells good on after two minuets.



And that is my Sample Spree for the month. I hope you go try some of these products for yourself.

 Thanks for reading and as a last note!!

It has been brought to my attention that some of my readers are not able to comment on the posts they want too. I have tried fixing the problem a few different ways, but have yet to find a good solution for in post comments.

 All of my posts are posted on my facebook, as are inspirational photos, and general geekery I find entertaining.

You can find me under  'Kathleen Sweitzer'. I hope to hear from ya'll ^_^





 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...