Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Hello my lovelies!

It's been a busy time in my life lately and though I have managed to come out unscathed, I am severely behind on my e-work.

As I woke up this morning, slipped on my slippers, and shuffled into my kitchen for some hot chocolate, I happened to look out the window and realize it was snowing. Not the nice snowing, with big flakes and snow days to follow, but the 'it's to clod to snow, but it's still trying' kind. The kind that only leaves a light dusting of white on the ground and makes one hate to run out to there car to go anywhere.

But that got me thinking about all the fun things that I'd get to do this winter, now that it's officially warm clothing time. For example, It's time to put away my thin broadcloth skirts and pull out my thicker velveteen and wool ones. I get to wear thick tights and hooded cloaks.

Caroling and sledding, roasting marshmallows over an open fire, sipping hot apple cider and baking fresh cookies for holiday parties. I look forward to it all.

But today, let's talk about holiday shopping for those of us with low funds. I know I have found myself in a jam with season. So many people to buy for and very little to buy with.

I recommend buying a hot glue gun from your local craft store. Wal*mart has a cute pink one for three dollars and the glue sticks are about fifty cents a bag. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Hot glue guns are great for all types of crafts. Handmade gifts are cost effective and easily personalized which helps save money and makes the holidays special for the gift receiver.

Do you knit or crochet? I don't myself, but if you do yarn ranges in price and can be bought in any color you can think of! Scarves, hats, mittens, purses, ponchos, the ideas are endless and always well received.

Your local craft store has small paint containers for low prices and small trinket boxes for a dollar. Toss some glitter in the mix and you've got an amazing gift. I did this for Loliday yesterday and Deco'd the tops with pearls I'd gotten online for a couple of dollars, They turned out great.

Get the supplies for hot coco and a few mason jars. Mix the ingredients, fill the jars, and wrap the tops with scrap fabric or a square from your local fabric store. Add ribbon and a gift tag and ta da! (This can also be done with loose teas, but that gets a bit more expensive.)

I'll be adding two gift ideas every time I update from now on. There are plenty of times in our lives we need to buy or make gifts.

I hope you get some good idea's from my suggestions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...