Thursday, June 21, 2012

Book 6 of 50

Hello Lovelies~

 Today's post as been moved around a bit. I was going to do a post about the mystery make up bag I got in the mail, but I actually finished another book last night, so I shifted things about and what was once todays post will now be scheduled for tomorrow ^_^

The book I read is call, 'The Selection' by Keira Cass.


What pulled me to this book was the cover. I won't lie. A book with a fancy ball own and a tiara will get my attention every time. I read the synopsis and didn't hesitate to buy it, putting it on my 'to read' table until I was finished with 'Storm Front', a book which I put on pause until it interested me again. It sat on my table for a month, taunting me with it's beautiful cover and as yet undiscovered words, but last night, when I found myself with hours to pass and nothing pressing to do, this book was the first thing I reached for.


 "For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined." -- Synopsis by Keira Cass.

 The book is in first person, told by America, and it reads like a strange season of 'The Bachlor' or 'America's Next Top Model'. I have a weakness for those shows, but hate watching them until the end so I know who to cheer on. This book was like already knowing who to cheer for and just waiting to see all of the twists and turns the Male and Female lead go through to be together.

 This book has everything from Heartbreak to Political Intrigue, but I think what I like most about this book is that America Singer doesn't just meet the prince and fall in love. This book shows how hard it is to get over someone and how no matter how hard you try, they are always still with you in small ways and those feelings can throw wrenches in plans when least expected.

I can't promise you'll love the book as much as I did. But I can promise that it is worth the read. The writing was smooth, it didn't jump from First Person to Third Person as some books do. It had it's flaws, sure, but they were easy to over look and just as easy to forget because right now I can't think of any!

I am really looking forward to the second book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...